As the flowers start to bloom, the real estate market is getting ready for one of the most active real estate seasons: spring. The spring real estate market can be very competitive, with more buyers and sellers entering the market. If you plan to buy or sell a home this season, it is important to be prepared.
Start preparing for the Spring Real Estate Market
Here are some tips to put you in the best position this season. Whether you are buying or selling a home, the spring market can be a great opportunity to achieve your real estate goals.
- Start planning early: The earlier you start planning, the better prepared you will be. If you are planning to sell your home, start decluttering and cleaning out your home. If you are planning to buy a home, start researching neighborhoods and determining your budget.
- Find a reputable real estate agent: A good real estate agent can help you navigate the competitive spring market. Look for agents like Randy and Heidi who are experienced, have a good track record of success in the local market, and know the local sales trends. Read more on About Us to get to know us.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage: If you plan to buy a home, get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start house hunting. This will give you an advantage in a competitive market and show sellers that you are a serious buyer.
- Price your home correctly: If you are planning to sell your home, make sure you price it correctly. A real estate agent can help you determine the appropriate price based on comparable homes in your area and current market conditions.
- Make necessary repairs and improvements: If your home needs repairs or improvements, make them before listing your home. This can help your home sell faster and for a higher price.
- Stage your home: Staging your home can help it sell faster and for a higher price. Hire a professional or use online resources to stage your home and make it more appealing to buyers. Check out Home Staging Success for staging tips and tricks.
Michael Hyman, NAR Research Data Specialist, Housing Affordability Conditions Improved in January 2023 for the Third Consecutive Month, at the national level, housing affordability rose in January compared to the previous month, according to NAR’s Housing Affordability Index. Compared to the prior month, the monthly mortgage payment decreased by 3.3% while the median price of single-family homes declined by 2.4%, making home buying more affordable in January. The monthly mortgage payment decreased by $62 from last month.
Sonoma County Housing Market
Redfin: In February 2023, Sonoma County home prices were down 4.9% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $745K. On average, homes in Sonoma County sell after 48 days on the market compared to 29 days last year. There were 226 homes sold in February this year, down from 332 last year.
Work with experienced real estate agents
The real estate market is busy during the spring season as many houses are put up for sale. Unique homes require skillful marketing, and we can help you make your home stand out and be marketed effectively. If you are planning to enter the real estate market this season, give us a call!